Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Training
We specialize in bringing high quality TNCC training to your staff. We provide a range of convenient educational formats, delivered on days and times optimal for your team.
We Offer Three Easy Ways to Get Virtual TNCC Certification…
1. Challenge – For Experienced RN’s who have taken TNCC in Past.
2. 1 Day Fast Track TNCC – For Experienced RN’s
3. 2 Day TNCC Training – For all nurses
$430.00 for the 2 Day Training Course
$285.00 for the 1 Day Fast Track Course
$185.00 for the TNCC Challenger
Once your information is processed, you will receive an electronic invoice that will need to be paid before you are added to the course roster. Upon receipt of payment, you will receive course confirmation, your pre-course materials, and online modules assignments.
Ask us about group and corporate discounts and billing.
The Virtual Course
Virtual TNCC training is delivered live, completely by video conference. All students are expected to have their videos on and be present for the entire class.
Virtual Course Start Times Each Day:
Pacific Standard Time: 6:30 a.m.
Mountain Time: 7:30 a.m.
Central Time: 8:30 a.m.
Eastern Standard Time: 9:30 a.m.
For Full Course and Fast Track, Day 1 of course will take approximately 9 hours. For Full Course, Day 2 including testing will take approximately 7 hours. These hours will highly depend on class experience levels, questions, etc.
TNCC 8th Edition Student Manual (ISBN 978-1-284-18070-1): $98.00
The most current ENA TNCC textbook, 8th Edition, is mandatory for entrance into the course, and will be available for purchase during the registration process. Whether you purchase the ENA textbook during registration or have access to your own copy, you must bring your textbook with you to class or you will be unable to attend the training program.
The TNCC Textbook available in 2 formats. Please specify which one you need in the registration process.
· Hardcopy – Once the textbook is ordered, it is currently taking ~7 days for delivery by FedEx/UPS.
· eBook – The access code for the digital version of the book can be emailed out immediately.
Expedited shipping is available at additional cost.
Cancellations, Rescheduling and Refunds
Participant virtual seats are limited based on instructor-to-student ratios. Seats will be assigned to paid registrants in the order registration fees and materials are received. Cancellations, rescheduling and refunds must be received in writing as noted below:
· If you have an emergency that makes you unable to attend the course, you must contact Northwest Health Services 24 hours before the start time of your course. Our staff will work to schedule you into the next available course.
· If you are unable to attend your course, a refund of class cost is available minus a $75.00 processing fee. No refunds are available for other purchased course materials
· Northwest Health Services reserves the right to cancel a class depending on weather, census, or unforeseen circumstance. In the event of a cancellation, we will offer full refunds or rescheduling to a future course.
· Participants must be an RN and possess a current unrestricted nursing license to receive certification.
· LPNs and paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course. They do not receive certification, but are awarded contact hours
Prior to the Course
Textbook: The latest 8th edition of the TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider Manual includes evidence-based content developed by trauma emergency experts. The 24-chapter, comprehensive manual is a compilation of current trauma nursing standards and a valuable resource for future reference.
Online learning: Online modules with links to additional information are provided prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn and receive immediate feedback, and refer back to information at any time. The modules are a complete case study process — taking you through an entire sequence of care.
Note: You will be required to successfully complete all 8 online modules (approximately 3.3 hours of education) prior to Day 1 of course. Completion of these modules is required for course admission.
During the Course
Live simulation: TNCC includes virtual training using both an individual and team approach. Trauma nursing process psychomotor skills stations offer you the opportunity to practice trauma patient assessments and interventions in a controlled environment.
Instructor-led discussions and skill stations: TNCC is a two-day intensive course taught by expert instructors.
After the Course
After completion of the class, you will have 7 days to successfully pass the online test with a score of 80% or greater. During that 7 days, 1 additional attempt is allowed to achieve a passing score. Failure to successfully pass online testing will require student to repeat entire course.
Contact hours will be provided by the Emergency Nurses Association for all courses except the Challenger. The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
Training Locations – We offer the largest selection of course dates
Onsite training at your facility
Training at one of our convenient training centers in Portland, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington.
New! Virtual TNCC training in the comfort of your home. See our FAQ’s – Virtual Trauma Nursing Core Course
Our courses taught by qualified emergency nurses, delivers the knowledge, critical thinking skills and training needed to keep trauma patients safe. The overall course objective is to improve trauma patient outcomes by providing nurses with foundational trauma knowledge, skills, and a systematic Trauma Nursing Process to guide trauma patient care. After taking TNCC, nurses will be able to systematically assess the trauma patient, to intervene and/or assist with interventions, and to provide evidence-based trauma nursing care within the context of a trauma team.
Here’s a glimpse of what you will learn
· The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
· Systematic assessment and application of care
· Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
We are thrilled to to be teaching the TNCC, 8th Edition! Exciting new features, include:
· Virtual learning modules including avatar-based simulation
· Interactive teaching strategies
· Electronic, open-book testing – No more test anxiety!
· Updated evidence-based provider manual