About Our TNCC Instructor Training Course
Our TNCC Instructor Course is a comprehensive training program designed to prepare Registered Nurses to become TNCC Instructors. The TNCC (I) emphasizes adult learning strategies, live practice, virtual training, and correct evaluation methods.
The path to becoming a TNCC instructor is complex, and includes learning about different teaching strategies, understanding how people learn, and being familiar with various types of teaching media.
TNCC Instructor Course Information
- Cost: $525.00
- Length: 1 day; 8 hours total
- Monitoring and mentoring will be done in a future Virtual TNCC Class
- 8th Edition TNCC Manual is required for the course (hardcopy and eBook are available)
- The Instructor Course is designed to prepare the instructor candidate for TNCC Instructor status
- CEUs (8.2) available for RNs
- Must have a current TNCC provider card.
- An active RN license is required to become a certified TNCC Instructor
How to Become a TNCC instructor
The course director of a TNCC course that you have taken must recommend you as a potential instructor. You must meet the following criteria to be recommended:
- A score of at least 90% on a multiple-choice exam.
- A score of at least 90% of total points in all skill stations except triage
- Recommendation of course director and instructors (a letter would be sent to you after the course)
Written exam score must be within 90-days of TNCC Provider Course if more than 90-days from your last TNCC course and you must complete and pass the written exam with a score of 90% or higher before TNCC instructor course date. Please email info@ResusMed.com to schedule a written exam.
Mandatory Pre-Course Requirements
(All must be completed prior to class or you may need to reschedule):
- You must be recommended by your TNCC instructor. Please email the form from your instructor identifying you as an Instructor Potential to info@ResusMed.com
- Pre-Course Online Modules: Instructions to the 10 Pre-Course Online Modules given after registration.
- Obtain a Letter of Recommendation by someone in the healthcare field on why you would make an excellent TNCC instructor.
- Review MicroTeach PowerPoints and be prepared to teach any of the four (access to ppts will be provided after registration).
- Be prepared to re-test on the multiple choice exam and TNP.
Within one year of completion of the instructor course, the TNCC (I) candidate must participate as an instructor in a TNCC (Provider) class.
To check availability of days for Virtual TNCC Instructor Training, please check the schedule, located at http://www.resusmed.com/calendar/ Once you find the training date that will meet your needs, please use the form on the webpage to register.